A Levels and Applied Science
24 courses -View Courses
So – which A Levels are right for you?
Knowing exactly the right subjects and the right combination to choose when thinking about higher education can be pretty difficult. At Weymouth College we have developed a flexible pathway format which will allow you to choose the right A Levels – and the right complementary BTEC courses if appropriate – to give you the very best platform to launch your higher education journey.
Experienced and committed – many of our A Level team have years of experience in industry and bring that real-life understanding to their teaching. Many more of our team have immense classroom based experience with five staff members currently examiners at A level – with one chief examiner amongst them!
In 2020 our A Level students achieved an outstanding overall pass rate of 100% demonstrating that the College continues to maintain an excellent level of performance alongside a strong national pass rate. Weymouth College sixth form is rated amongst the best in the country for value-added scores – that is our students consistently achieve grades higher than their GCSE scores predict.
A wide range of course-based trips and events – Auschwitz (history), Parliament (politics), field trips (geography), industry-based STEM days (science/maths) • Access to the Royal Geographical Society Lecture programme • Access to all Weymouth College facilities including: • Subsidised gym • Variety of sports at College-owned Redlands Community Sports Hub • Access to the Weymouth College sport academies
a dedicated UCAS application support team – with regular university open day trips and reconnaissance visits – and a vibrant and strong work experience programme
…AND an award winning student support team to guide and support all our students as they study at Weymouth College
TALK TO US!
If you have a question or would like to talk through your plans why not contact the A Level team today on 01305 761100. We will get back to you and start to work – with you – on planning that higher education journey.
Holly says... Great course range and lecturers who really care about both the subjects and the grades we are working towards.
- 100% Pass Rate – A Levels
- Outstanding quality levels (scoring between the 90th and 99th percentile*) for A-Levels at Weymouth College. Great to see many of our A Level students again achieving above their expected grades based on GCSE scores!
- *ALPS 2021 provider quality indicator grade 2 – scoring between the 90th and 99th percentile
- Study in a sixth form with a proven record of success
- Study visits available
- A partner college of the Southern Universities Network
- A dedicated A Level centre with a ‘Sixth Form’ Common Room and dedicated study rooms for all students
- Dedicated science laboratories
- Art and photographic studios
- Dedicated computer labs for media and film studies
- Access to laptops for all students
- Small class sizes ensure you get the right input and support for you when you need it