Working at Weymouth College
Supporting you to support our students
Weymouth College is a General Further Education College situated on the stunning Jurassic coastline in Dorset, at the very centre of our local community.
Ambitious and committed to offering the best opportunities to both our students and staff, we provide quality experiences and outcomes to our learners who are at the heart of all we do.
An Ofsted ‘Good’ College, we are looking for passionate people who want to achieve the best. We have diverse opportunities available, from teaching and learning to dedicated support staff who work together to maintain all aspects of the College.
This is a fantastic time to be joining us as we grow and develop our wide range of educational opportunities – striving to enable our learners to be the best they can be.
Our Employee Offer
Dorset is a great place to live and work with 95 miles of stunning coastline and a wealth of cultural, historical and interesting activities. We offer a fantastic range of employee benefits, with your wellbeing at the heart of our workplace culture, which is friendly, collaborative and creative.
Staff benefits include:
- A mentoring programme for all new lecturing employees
- Strong support for continual learning and development with dedicated Continuing Professional Development learning days and access to College learning opportunities – including a range of low cost course opportunities
- Dedicated Health and Wellbeing Days
- Opportunities for progression
- A generous annual leave entitlement and additional 2-week Christmas closure
- A commitment to work-life balance and family friendly policies
- Access to generous pension schemes
- Access to our leisure and wellbeing facilities including a sports programme and gym and reduced priced wellbeing treatments as well as a comprehensive wellbeing offer for employees
- Free car parking and excellent catering facilities
- Reduced nursery fees at our on-site nursery, Jelly Babies
How to Apply
To apply for a job please complete the application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require support to complete your application form, our Town Centre Campus at 106 St Mary Street, Weymouth, will be happy to help you. Contact our 106 team by phone: 01305 759683.
All our vacancies close at 12pm (noon), unless stated otherwise. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion but do keep an eye out for any other opportunities which may suit your skill set.
Shortlisting will be carried out by the appointing manager as soon as possible after the advertisement closes. It is essential that you complete all sections of the application form as this will be used in shortlisting. CVs alone will not be accepted. Candidates will be assessed against essential and desirable criteria shown in the job description.
Weymouth College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Positive about People with a Disability
As users of the disability confident scheme, Weymouth College guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy at the College