14 courses -View Courses
Foundation Studies is the name for qualifications at Entry and Level 1. It is designed to create clear progression routes through Entry and Level 1 to Level 2. You will study personal and social development, vocational development and Maths and English on each of the courses.
Foundation Studies allows you to build a course based on your own needs, personal interest and career choice and will include team-building activities, work experience and tasters in vocational areas to help you take the first step towards your future.
Each course is linked directly to a progression pathway which allows the learners a very clear understanding of where their course will take them.
Becky says... Most of my experience has been working with students with significant barriers to learning and I thrive on the challenge of making my classroom a place students can achieve in and want to return to.
- Progress through our range of courses
- The vocational nature of our Routes Into courses will prepare you for employment or further study in your chosen arae
- 95% Achievement Rate – 6% above national average
- Previous students have progressed to many other areas in the college including art, catering, health and social care, travel and tourism, IT, construction, sport, hairdressing and motor vehicle
- Residential trip opportunities
- Dedicated life skills, quiet and IT facilities