Sport & Public Services
14 courses -
Home › Sport & Public Services
Our wide range of Sport courses enables you to consider all career options from teaching/coaching, through to sports science, physiotherapy, health, fitness and gym instruction, centre management, sports development/events, outdoor education and water sports. A Public Service course prepares you for entry into a career within the Emergency Services, Armed Forces or non-uniformed roles in local and central government.
Why study with us?Our Sport courses are rated Outstanding by Ofsted (2013) and described as among the very best in the country, so you can be sure you’re getting the very best education and experience possible. We can say with confidence that you’ll study at the best department in the region. The courses are designed to give you access to all areas of the sport sectors and the facilities are excellent – there’s even an outdoor adventure academy at the National Sailing Academy on Portland. The experienced, well-qualified staff will ensure that you are able to gain practical skills, combined with essential theory to ensure a successful future career in this field. The Sport and Public Services department were awarded the Vtct Award for Sport in the Curriculum 2016/17. Find out more about how they achieved this on the AOC website.
Tom says... I have continually balanced my life around working hard as a teacher and training hard as a competitor. Recently I have represented Great Britain at world and European championship level.
- - Progress through our range of courses
- - Consider studying at a higher level or university
- - Join the armed forces or emergency services
- - Become a gym instructor or personal trainer
Olivia says... As a former member of the Territorial Army as well as a Community First Responder for the Ambulance Service I feel I can draw on and share real life experience.
- 96% Achievement Rate - 9% above national average
- Shortlisted for tes fe award 2018
- AOC Beacon Award Winners 2016
- Football team winners of the (ECFA) Men’s South West Region Category Three (South East) League.
- Apprenticeships available
- Fitness suites with state-of-the-art equipment
- 3G Astro pitch & outdoor pitches
- Weymouth and Portland Outdoor Adventure