Courses at Weymouth College
Home › Studying with us › Weymouth College SEND Provision › Courses at Weymouth College
Courses Aimed at Young People with SEND
Inclusion is important at Weymouth College and if you meet the course criteria, support is available for you to access mainstream, vocational courses from Entry Level to Foundation Degree level.
Students are encouraged to take advantage of the transition opportunities at Weymouth College.
- A member of the support team can be invited to attend your person centred review from year 9 onwards, to support you and your family with information regarding options that may be available to you when you leave school.
- A member of the support team can visit your current school to discuss what support needs you have and plan any support that needs to be put in place at Weymouth College.
- A visit to Weymouth College can be arranged for you to look around and familiarise yourself with the campus, meeting key staff and finding out about the facilities, services and support available to you.
- A summer club is available 2 days a week during the summer holidays where you can attend for all or some of the sessions to minimise stress and anxiety of starting a new college. It may help you to feel more confident and to meet other young people who may be feeling the same.
- 1:1 meetings with key staff are available to establish links and to build relationships with the support team or personal tutors that will be offering support when you start college.
Courses available to you at Weymouth College can be accessed from the link below:
Once you have applied online for a course of your choice, you will be invited for an interview. During the interview or by contacting the support team before, you will be able to ask how your support needs can be met.