EmployerServices@WeymouthCollege brings our Apprenticeship team, the Dorset Training Academy and External Partnerships together to form a wider collaborative service to deliver the support and training that you our business partners need to sustain and grow your organisation.
Whilst this service has always been an integral part of the college’s vision for 20/21, the impact of Covid-19, has emphasised that it is now more important than ever that the College work closely with businesses through recovery and towards on-going sustainability – through this difficult time and in the coming years.
We are aware of the supportive role that we can play in the recovery and sustainability of our local economy and Back2Business@WeymouthCollege will provide a local information and training hub – easily accessible to all Dorset employers – offering up-to-date information and analysis backed by a comprehensive suite of business support services.
Our new ‘Back2Business’ initiative will:
- Help businesses to understand and navigate the several government employer incentives available to local organisations (click here for our Incentive Factsheet offering further information regarding the current government support available).
- Introduce a monthly webinar series for local organisations including updates on any support available, changes in working practices and facilitating discussion forums looking at the impact and recovery status for the local economy. We will offer participants the opportunity to share best practice and network to enable the formation of business-to-business support connections.
- Offer a free information subscription service to Weymouth College’s Back2Business support hub – offering regular newsletters and updates. Topics will include, business recovery, staff development opportunities and workplace mental health and wellbeing guidance. Click here to access this Free Service.
- Host regular – by invitation – sector specific Employer Advisory Groups – initially by Zoom. Full details will be posted here as soon as they are available.
- Organise an Organisational Needs Analysis service for your business, helping you to identify how the suite of professional training solutions available through Weymouth College could support the development, retention and recruitment of new and existing staff.
- Highlight discounts on Mental Health Awareness Training available to individuals and employers to support the ongoing transitions in working practice resulting from the impact of Covid-19. Please click here to view the courses available.
For further information on our Back2Business initiative and more detail on the specific support measures above please contact Weymouth College Employer Services on email@example.com.
Information and Analysis from Employer Services
‘How can we help you?’ questionnaire
We are looking to gather expert information and guidance from each industry sector and would much appreciate your knowledgeable input. We have produced a short questionnaire (below) and would like to thank you in advance for taking the time to complete this for us.
We will be producing regular factsheets – analysing developments and business opportunities as they happen. You will find all our factsheet updates here.
Click on the factsheet below to view
‘Welcome to Back2Business@Weymouth College’
We are communicating regularly with our employer partners – please see our most recent communications here.
Mental Health and Wellbeing training opportunities
According to Mental Health First Aid England,1 in 4 people will experience some form of mental health issue in any year and at any given time 1 in 6 working age adults will have symptoms associated with mental ill health such as sleep problems, fatigue etc. which don’t meet the criteria for diagnosis.
In a world that has changed dramatically since COVID-19 and is continuing to change, the full impact on our mental health is unclear and will be for some time. Whether employees have been working from home, furloughed or key workers supporting others, everyone has faced their own challenges and it is the duty of care of any responsible employer to protect the health and wellbeing of their employees. In order to support this, we have created a range of mental health training opportunities including face-to-face sessions and online learning, which can be tailor-made into a training package suited to every workplace.
Click on the image below to view courses
Upcoming training opportunities
Building Emotional Resilience
Tuesday 27th October 2020. 9.30am – 12.30pm
Price: £40 p.p.
This session will provide learners with practical tools to improve emotional regulation and allow learners the opportunities to create a personal emotional resilience action plan.
Mindfulness and Meditation in the Workplace
Friday 5th November 2020. 1pm – 4pm
Price: £40 p.p.
This session will provide learners with the opportunity to explore techniques of mindfulness and meditation and provide practical opportunities to use these within a work context.
For more information on the above courses and to book a place please contact the DTA team on 01305 764748 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Click Here to view the latest Covid-19 update from Employer Services
Specific Support Measures for Dorset Businesses
Apprenticeship redundancy scheme – latest updates
The Redundancy Support Service for Apprentices provides advice to individuals on the impact of redundancy & enables employers to advertise their apprenticeship vacancies to redundant apprentices. This video explains what the service is & how to access it watch video here
Employer incentive payment scheme – latest updates
Watch the ESFA webinar about applying for an incentive payment for hiring a new apprentice here
Construction eBulletin: October 2020
eBulletin: COVID-19 latest updates and guidance – 26 October 2020
Weekly Digest eBulletin – COVID-secure spot checks ongoing
Risk Management eBulletin – October 2020
Chemicals eBulletin – October 2020
Publications and Products eBulletin – Cracking down on dust – October 2020
Weekly Digest eBulletin – Domestic Gas – October 2020
Weekly Digest eBulletin – Health and Safety news and guidance – October 2020
Testing and Monitoring update – September round-up
Extension to First Aid qualification expiry dates
The HSE have announced an extension to the expiry dates for all one day Emergency First Aid at Work and three day First Aid at Work qualifications, which expired on or after 16th March 2020. The attached link covers the full guidelines https://www.hse.gov.uk/coronavirus/first-aid-and-medicals/first-aid-certificate-coronavirus.htm#qualifications and NUCO have created a useful calculator to allow employers to find their new expiry date to ensure full compliance https://www.nucotraining.com/expiry-checker/
More information on First Aid can be found on the HSE first aid Bulletin
HSE Construction Health Inspection Initiative – October 2020
HSE Construction eBulletin: September 2020
Weekly Digest: the latest coronavirus health and safety news