EmployerServices@WeymouthCollege offer a wide and collaborative service to deliver support and training to our business partners – old and new – working together towards a sustainable recovery through 2021 and beyond.
To meet our Employer Services team – Click here
- Introduce INSIGHTS – a virtual interview and podcast series designed to provide a free and accessible information service to our local organisations and businesses. Click here to view the latest episode.
- Offer a free information subscription service to Weymouth College’s Back2Business support hub – offering regular newsletters and updates. Topics will include, business recovery, staff development opportunities and workplace mental health and wellbeing guidance. Click here to access this Free Service.
- Host regular – by invitation – sector specific Employer Advisory Groups – initially by Zoom. Full details will be posted here as soon as they are available.
- Organise an Organisational Needs Analysis service for your business, helping you to identify how the suite of professional training solutions available through Weymouth College could support the development, retention and recruitment of new and existing staff.
- Highlight discounts on Mental Health Awareness Training available to individuals and employers to support the ongoing transitions in working practice resulting from the impact of Covid-19. Please click here to view the courses available.
For further information on our Back2Business initiative and more detail on the specific support measures above please contact Weymouth College Employer Services on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employer Services Information
‘How can we help you?’ questionnaire
We are looking to gather expert information and guidance from each industry sector and would much appreciate your knowledgeable input. We have produced a short questionnaire (below) and would like to thank you in advance for taking the time to complete this for us.
We are aware of the supportive role that we can play in the recovery and sustainability of our local economy and Back2Business@WeymouthCollege will provide a local information and training hub – easily accessible to all Dorset employers – offering up-to-date information and analysis backed by a comprehensive suite of business support services.
Our new ‘Back2Business’ initiative will:
- Help businesses to understand and navigate the several government employer incentives available to local organisations (click here for our Incentive Factsheet offering further information regarding the current government support available).
We will be producing regular factsheets – analysing developments and business opportunities as they happen. You will find all our factsheet updates here.
Click on the factsheets below to view
Back2Business Newsletter Updates
Click on the newsletters below to view
Training and Support
Please click on the image below to view the range of training opportunities that we can offer
Mental Health and Wellbeing
According to Mental Health First Aid England,1 in 4 people will experience some form of mental health issue in any year and at any given time 1 in 6 working age adults will have symptoms associated with mental ill health such as sleep problems, fatigue etc. which don’t meet the criteria for diagnosis.
In a world that has changed dramatically since COVID-19 and is continuing to change, the full impact on our mental health is unclear and will be for some time. Whether employees have been working from home, furloughed or key workers supporting others, everyone has faced their own challenges and it is the duty of care of any responsible employer to protect the health and wellbeing of their employees. In order to support this, we have created a range of mental health training opportunities including face-to-face sessions and online learning, which can be tailor-made into a training package suited to every workplace.
Click on the image below to view courses
College and Covid-19 Updates
An update on the Kickstart Scheme – some examples here
Apply for a grant through the Kickstart Scheme
Government Support & Funding
Winter Economy Plan
Furlough Scheme Extension
Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
Self-Employment Income Support Scheme
Apprenticeship redundancy scheme
The Redundancy Support Service for Apprentices provides advice to individuals on the impact of redundancy & enables employers to advertise their apprenticeship vacancies to redundant apprentices. This video explains what the service is & how to access it watch video here
Employer incentive payment scheme
Two month extension to cash bonus scheme for hiring apprentices to be announced in Government’s November spending review (25/11/20) – details here
Watch the ESFA webinar about applying for an incentive payment for hiring a new apprentice here
How employers are making the most of apprenticeship incentives – here