EmployerServices@WeymouthCollege offer a wide and collaborative service to deliver support and training to our business partners – old and new – working together towards a sustainable recovery through 2022 and beyond.
Meet our Employer Services team
- If you would like to discuss taking on an apprentice or would like some more information then please contact the Apprenticeships Team on 01305 208709 or fill in the Employer Enquiry Form
- We offer a free information subscription service to Weymouth College’s Back2Business support hub – offering regular newsletters and updates. Topics will include, business recovery, staff development opportunities and workplace mental health and wellbeing guidance. Click here to access this Free Service.
- We host regular – by invitation – sector specific Employer Advisory Groups – initially by Zoom. Full details will be posted here as soon as they are available.
- We can organise an Organisational Needs Analysis service for your business, helping you to identify how the suite of professional training solutions available through Weymouth College could support the development, retention and recruitment of new and existing staff.
- We can highlight discounts on Mental Health Awareness Training available to individuals and employers to support the ongoing transitions in working practice resulting from the impact of Covid-19. Please click here to view the courses available.
For further information on our Back2Business initiative and more detail on the specific support measures above please contact Weymouth College Employer Services on email@example.com.
Employer Services Information
Incentive payments for hiring a new apprentice
Do you need to claim the apprenticeship incentive? Please click here to find out how to apply
Non Levy Employers must register an apprentice prior to starting their programme – please watch video ‘Reserving apprenticeship funds’ for help with this.
‘How can we help you?’ questionnaire
We are looking to gather expert information and guidance from each industry sector and would much appreciate your knowledgeable input. We have produced a short questionnaire (below) and would like to thank you in advance for taking the time to complete this for us.
We are aware of the supportive role that we can play in the recovery and sustainability of our local economy and Back2Business@WeymouthCollege will provide a local information and training hub – easily accessible to all Dorset employers – offering up-to-date information and analysis backed by a comprehensive suite of business support services.
Our new ‘Back2Business’ initiative will:
- Help businesses to understand and navigate the several government employer incentives available to local organisations (Please click here to find out how to apply).
Back2Business Newsletter Updates
Click on the newsletters below to view
Employer Services Newsletter
Training and Support
Please click on the image below to view the range of training opportunities that we can offer
Mental Health and Wellbeing
According to Mental Health First Aid England,1 in 4 people will experience some form of mental health issue in any year and at any given time 1 in 6 working age adults will have symptoms associated with mental ill health such as sleep problems, fatigue etc. which don’t meet the criteria for diagnosis.
In a world that has changed dramatically since COVID-19 and is continuing to change, the full impact on our mental health is unclear and will be for some time. Whether employees have been working from home, furloughed or key workers supporting others, everyone has faced their own challenges and it is the duty of care of any responsible employer to protect the health and wellbeing of their employees. In order to support this, we have created a range of mental health training opportunities including face-to-face sessions and online learning, which can be tailor-made into a training package suited to every workplace.
Click on the image below to view courses