Motor Vehicle Service & Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle) – Level 3
Home › Engineering & Automotive › Motor Vehicle Service & Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle) – Level 3
Completing a Motor Vehicle apprenticeship at Weymouth College will give you the prospect to learn a trade whilst gaining experience and a wage at the same time. During your day studying at college you will:
- Gain Underpinning knowledge within the classroom.
- Construct your portfolio.
- Learn and be assessed as you build your-self confidence in completing practical activities.
A grade 3 GCSE in English & Maths or Level 1 Functional Skills equivalent
- Remove and replace components on all of a modern vehicle’s systems.
- Identify, diagnose & rectify complex faults.
- Gain an F-Gas certificate (Air conditioning)
- Gain Level 2 English and Maths (or equivalent)
What an Apprentice needs to learn
Apprentices need to:
- Need to complete 20% off-the job-training during the on-programme phase of their apprenticeship.
- Stage 1: covers Induction and foundation skills, routine service and inspections.
- Stage 2: looks at simple and intermediate diagnosis and repair processes.
- Stage 3: apprentices cover more complex diagnosis and repair processes.
How will I gain my apprenticeship?
- Two on-line tests
- Synoptic Test – two-day 10 hour practical exam
- Synoptic professional discussion lasting one hour
- Choose to study at a higher level
- Continue within employment in the Motor Vehicle industry