Counselling Skills – Level 2 Certificate (CPCAB)
Delivered through the Dorset Training Academy, this course leads to a nationally regulated qualification awarded by the Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body (CPCAB) – the only Ofqual-approved awarding body to specialise in the field of counselling and supervision. This qualification is perfect for anyone who wants to become competent in the use of counselling skills to help others; either in a voluntary or an employed situation or if you want to take your first step in training to become a qualified counsellor.
This qualification is broken down into seven learning outcomes as follows:
- Using counselling skills ethically and safely
- Establish and sustain the boundaries of the helping role
- Work empathetically as a helper
- Focus on the helpee’s needs and concerns
- Use self-awareness in helping work
- Use a range of counselling skills to facilitate the helping interaction
- Use feedback and reflection to enhance counselling skills
There is no exam for this course but the final unit is externally assessed.
The course runs on a Wednesday evening for 30 weeks, from 6pm to 9pm and will be delivered at the Cranford Avenue College site in Weymouth, with free parking available.
There is funding available subject to eligibility, please contact us via the Register Your Interest button to find out more.