Engineering Operative – Level 2
Completing an Engineering Operative apprenticeship at Weymouth College will offer you the prospect to learn a trade whilst gaining experience and a wage at the same time. During your day studying at college you will:
- Gain underpinning knowledge within the classroom.
- Construct your portfolio.
- Learn and be assessed as you build your-self confidence in completing practical activities.
The Engineering Operative apprenticeship will provide on the job training with an employer and this will be the start of your career within the Engineering industry.
GSCE Grade E/2 or above in English & Maths or Functional Skills Level 1 in English & Maths. Functional Skills English & Maths can be completed during the apprenticeship if required and upon successful completion of initial assessment. Applicants will also be assessed individually for suitability. Work placement must be in-situ before the apprenticeship starts. This can be found by either yourself and/or Weymouth College.
You will study and evidence skills in the following areas:
- statutory regulations and organisiation
- safety requirements – including ay environmental compliance procedures and systems
- identify hazards and hazardous situations
- prepare the work area and equipment
- obtain and follow appropriate job documentation and work instructions
- extract data and information from specifications and related documentation
- carry out engineering activities and quality checks in line with your job role
Will I compete off-the-job training?
Apprentices need to:
- complete 20% off-the job-training during the on-programme phase of their apprenticeship.
How will I gain my apprenticeship?
You will undertake an End Point Assessment.
This will consist of two elements completed online
- Practical Observation
- Professional Discussion/reflective portfolio