Brickwork C&G Diploma (L2)
Brickwork Level 2 City & Guilds Diploma
This course is aimed at people employed within the Construction Industry with Brickwork experience or those who have completed Level 1. There is an externally set test and a practical phase test.
There are no age restrictions on this course; mature students with an interest in the Construction Industry are welcome. You will require an interview with the course tutor, demonstrating interest and commitment to study.
- Know how to carry out safe working practices in construction
- Carry out safe working practices in construction
- Knowledge of information, quantities and communicating with others 2
- Information, quantities and communicating with others 2
- Knowledge of building methods & construction technology 2
- Building methods and construction technology 2
- Know how to interpret working drawings to set out masonry structures
- Interpret working drawings to set out masonry structures
- Knowledge of thin joint masonry and masonry cladding
- Thin joint masonry and masonry cladding
- Know how to build solid walling, isolated and attached piers
- Build solid walling, isolated and attached piers
- Know how to build cavity walling forming masonry structures
- Build cavity walling forming masonry structures
How will I be assessed?
There is continuous assessment throughout the course. There are externally set multi-choice question papers and a practical phase test.
On successful completion of this course you can progress on to NVQ Level 2 Brickwork and employment in the industry. If you have a work placement and can gain work based evidence you may be able to undertake an NVQ 2 in Brickwork during this course.
Materials Essential: Personal Protection, Safety shoes or Boots (sturdy), Safety Glasses Stationery: A4 Ring Binder, A4 Lined, Paper, Pens & Pencils, Materials Desirable: Tape Measure, Drawing Instruments Specific textbooks and protecting clothing and equipment will be recommended.
Please contact reception for details of costs and concessions on 01305 761100 or email: email@example.com