Delivered through the Dorset Training Academy, this three-day course is designed to teach delegates the basics of AutoCAD and the tools needed to construct professional engineering drawings. The content is aimed at new users to the software looking to be able to produce drawings to BS 8888 drawing standards.
The course will cover the following:
- How to navigate around the user interface & workspace to aid in the construction of drawings;
- Use tools to create & edit 2D shapes;
- Use drawing aids to help in the construction of drawings;
- Use layers to effectively create professional 2D drawings;
- Add Text, hatching and dimensions to drawings;
- How to print drawings.
No previous knowledge of CAD is needed, although learners should have basic IT knowledge.
Each day is a minimum of 7 contact hours and can be arranged over three consecutive days or spread across 3 weeks, to fit employer demand and will be delivered at the Cranford Avenue College site. Free parking is available and refreshments and lunch provided.