Music & Performing Arts
9 courses -
Home › Music & Performing Arts
The South West’s exciting new centre for professional industry experience and study in the performing arts. Bay Studios is a dynamic, vibrant and above all, highly creative place to study music, music technology, dance, acting and musical theatre. With access to incredible industry-standard specialist facilities – including a 220 seat campus-based theatre, a range of technical studios and fully-equipped work spaces – you will become part of a performance company, developing essential professional skills and producing fully mounted gigs and productions here at the studios and at other venues across the South West. Whether you are looking for a career in live performance, composition, theatre, dance or music recording, the Bay Studios staff will expertly guide you towards your goal. This is for you if… you are creative, dedicated, enthusiastic, enjoy entertaining others, have a talent and a driving ambition and determination to work in music or performance. In order to succeed in this highly competitive industry you need to have real passion and dedication to your art.
Rodney says... Within the music department, we work hard to maintain strong industry links and combine academic studies with many performance opportunities throughout the South West.
- - Progress through our range of courses
- - Consider studying at higher or university level
- - Working in the film, TV and theatre industries
- - Become a professional musician/ DJ
- - Become a teacher or instructor
- - Start your own business
David says... I was a stage & TV actor and theatre director for 12 years and now enjoy passing on that knowledge and experience to students.
Matthew says... The Foundation Degree course I completed at Weymouth College has hands down been the most important decision I made to get me where I am today.
- 93% Sector Area Achievement Rate - 5% above national average
- Chance to tour the south west
- Perform in our onsite theatre
- - 250-seat professional theatre with two stages
- - Industry-standard lighting and sound system
- - Fully-sprung dance studio
- - Four recording suites
- - Three DJ studios
- - Four music performance studios
- - Technics turntables
- - Pioneer CDJs and a Traktor S2