Understanding Mental Health – Level 3
Level 3 Course in Understanding Mental Health
The mental health crisis is becoming increasingly prevalent in the UK, with 1 in 4 adults experiencing a mental health problem every year. The Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health is designed to provide a greater awareness of mental health issues and the importance of mental well-being. Learners will build a knowledge base that can be used in a variety of occupational roles, gaining an understanding of the skills needed to work in mental health services, the importance of addressing mental health problems, and how legislation and publicity are changing attitudes towards those seeking treatment.
- Understanding the context of mental health and well-being
- Promotion of mental health and well-being
- Mental health problems, associated issues and consequences
- Understanding mental ill health
- Working in mental health
This is a distance learning course. Upon successful enrolment, you will be provided with access to all your online learning resources to complete the course and will also be allocated an assessor who will provide you with 1:1 online support.
Course Length: Up to 3 months
This course is fully funded for those who are:
- 19+ and a UK/EU resident
- Is employed or self-employed – evidence of wage slip dated in last 3 months required.
- Is unemployed and is in receipt of a State Benefit – evidence of benefit dated in last 3 months required
- Learners must not already hold a full Level 3 qualification (e.g. four AS Levels or two A Levels or equivalent).
- Learners must not be completing any other funded courses such as an Apprenticeship or any other Distance Learning course.
Eligible Learners can only complete one Level 3 qualification for free.
Learners who already hold a full Level 3 qualification and wish to complete this course can do so for a fee of £811 or apply for an Advanced Learner Loan.