Understanding Climate Change and Environmental Awareness
The environment is currently facing the biggest challenge it has ever seen. Everyone has the power to make a difference and create a more sustainable future for the next generation.
This course will enable you to learn about the principles of climate change so you can drive positive change and become ‘greener’ in the workplace and at home. You will learn about the impact of pollution, the barriers to a sustainable future and how to challenge these barriers. The qualification also covers the advantages of renewable energy and how to reduce energy consumption and carbon footprints for a better world.
You will study the following units:
- Understand climate change, sustainability and environmental protection
- Understand industry and the environment
- Understand resource efficiency and waste management
This is a distance learning course. Upon successful enrolment, you will be provided with access to all your online learning resources to complete the course and will also be allocated an assessor who will provide you with 1:1 online support.
Eligibility for FREE* level 2 Distance Learning Courses
- Be resident in England
- Must have lived in the UK or EAA for the last three years
- Must be aged 19 years or over as at the start of the academic year (31st August)
- Have a full level 2 qualification (if aged 19-23)
*This course is free to complete if you meet the eligibility criteria, however a withdraw fee of £100 applies in the following circumstances:
- Learner requests to withdraw
- Learner does not commence their course
- Learner does not complete their course by their allocated end date
There is a two-week grace period where learners are able to withdraw from their course free of charge. This starts from the date of your welcome email containing login details and access information for the learning portal. You will be provided with further details on the withdraw process at sign up.