Supporting Teaching & Learning (L3)
Supporting Teaching & Learning Level 3 Diploma
This qualification provides learners with an in-depth understanding of the knowledge and skills needed when working directly with children and young people in school and college environments. It covers all aspects of specialist support including planning; delivering and reviewing assessment strategies to support learning alongside the teacher; bilingual support; special needs support; and personal development and reflective practice.
Learners must be at least 16 years old. Ideally you will have a level 2 qualification in English and Mathematics. You will either be employed in an appropriate setting or a regular volunteer.
All units are mandatory and include:
- Schools and Colleges as Organisations Knowledge
- Support Health and Safety in a Learning Environment
- Understand How to Safeguard Children and Young People
- Develop Professional Relationships with Children, Young People and Adults
- Understand How Children and Young People Develop
- Support Positive Behaviour in Children and Young People
- Support Children and Young People During Learning
- Support English and Maths Skills Knowledge
- Support the Use of ICT in the Learning Environment Knowledge
- Support Assessment for Learning Knowledge
- Engage in Personal and Professional Development Knowledge
- Support Children and Young People’s Speech, Language and Communication
- Understand How to Support Bilingual Learners Knowledge
- Understand How to Support Learning of Children and Young People with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
- Support Children and Young People during Transitions Knowledge
- Support the Role of Play, Leisure and Extra-Curricular Activities for Children and Young People
How will I be assessed?
All units are internally assessed. Assessment enables the student’s workplace practice to provide evidence for individual units as well as the whole qualification.
Methods of assessment could include: inference of knowledge from direct observation of practice witness evidence when directed by the sector skills assessment strategy professional discussion reflection on own practice in real work situations written assignments students own plans and written records task set by CACHE for knowledge learning outcomes only. The qualification will be pass or refer, and all the assessment criteria of the chosen units must be achieved in order to obtain a pass.
Additional qualifications are available allowing progression.
£2225 (Advanced learner loan available)