Supporting Teaching & Learning (L2)
Supporting Teaching & Learning Level 2 Certificate
The Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning has been designed to provide learners with an understanding of the knowledge and skills needed when working directly with children and young people in school or college environments. It covers a wide range of areas including children and young people’s development, supporting children and young people’s positive behaviour and communication and professional relationships.
It’s aimed at learners working in roles that support pupils’ learning in primary, secondary or special schools, as well as colleges.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, but you will need to be at least 16 years of age and you must be working or volunteering in the occupational area to start on the course.
There are 11 mandatory units including:
- Understand Schools and Colleges as Organisations
- Understand Children and Young People’s Development
- Safeguarding Children and Young People Knowledge
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in a Learning Environment for Children and Young People
- Maintain Relationships with Children and Young People
- Support the Health and Safety of Children and Young People
- Support Positive Behaviour in a Learning Environment for Children and Young People
- Contribute to Teamwork in a Learning Environment Knowledge
- Understand Children and Young People’s Play and Leisure
- Promote an Effective Learning Environment
- Provide Displays in a Learning Environment
How will I be assessed?
All units are internally assessed. Assessment enables the student’s workplace practice to provide evidence for individual units as well as the whole qualification.
Methods of assessment could include: inference of knowledge from direct observation of practice witness evidence when directed by the sector skills assessment strategy professional discussion reflection on own practice in real work situations written assignments students own plans and written records task set by CACHE for knowledge learning outcomes only. The qualification will be pass or refer, and all the assessment criteria of the chosen units must be achieved in order to obtain a pass.
Additional qualifications are available allowing progression.