Green Skills – Installation and Maintenance of Small Scale Solar Photovoltaic Systems
LCL Awards Level 3 Award In the Installation and Maintenance of Small Scale Solar Photovoltaic Systems
The solar power market is growing fast and if you are an electrician or domestic installer who would like to expand your skill set to include the installation of Solar Photovoltaic panel systems, then this course could be right for you.
This 3 day Level 3 course will cover the requirements to install, commission, and hand over small-scale solar photovoltaic systems. Unlike many other photovoltaic courses, this course includes the practical installation of Solar Panels to a roof.
Who is this qualification for?
Designed for qualified electricians who want to develop and expand their existing skills to include the installation of Solar Photovoltaic panel systems.
You will explore and develop an understanding of:
- the fundamental working principles, installation options and regulatory requirements for micro-renewable energy and water-conservation technologies
- the requirements to practically install, commission and handover small scale solar photovoltaic systems
Aimed at practicing and qualified practitioners – learners must hold one of the following:
- A Level 3 Electrotechnical N/SVQ qualification or equivalent plus
- A current Level 3 qualification in the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS7671:2018. plus
- A Level 3 qualification in the Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations
- Be a member of recognised competent persons scheme (CPS) as a Qualified Supervisor having met the requirements of the electrotechnical assessment specification (EAS).
If you are unsure about your current eligibility, please contact DTA@weymouth.ac.uk who will be happy to help.
Assessment will be in the form of two online examinations and an assignment completed during the course.
This course is fully funded for all learners who meet the entry requirements.
Candidates must bring PPE with them for use during the course.