Site Carpentry City & Guilds Diploma (L3)
Site Carpentry Level 3 City & Guilds Diploma
This qualification is for those who work or want to work as a Site Carpenter in the construction sector. It allows you to learn, develop and practice the skills required for employment and/or career progression in site carpentry and covers the following advanced complex skills: carry out first fix flooring and roofing, carry out second fixing operations, carry out first fix roofing and stairs, carry out second fixing double doors and mouldings, and set up and use fixed and transportable machinery.
Selection for the Part time course is by interview. Potential students must have successfully achieved the Level 2 Diploma in Site Carpentry or equivalent and be able to demonstrate an interest and commitment to study. You may be asked to provide 2 references.
Learners must achieve the seven mandatory units:
- Health, safety and welfare in construction (Usually achieved at level 1)
- Carry out first fix flooring and roofing (Usually achieved at level 2)
- Carry out second fixing operations (Usually achieved at level 2)
- Principles of organising, planning and pricing construction work
- Carry out first fix roofing and stairs
- Carry out second fixing double doors and mouldings
- Set up and use fixed and transportable machinery
How will I be assessed?
Learners will be assessed using all of the following methods:
- Coursework with knowledge assignments
- City & Guilds e-volve online multiple choice test
- Multiple choice question papers, covering knowledge outcomes
- Practical assignments, covering performance outcomes
You can progress your learning with Weymouth College from Level 1 through to Level 3. On successful completion of this course you may be eligible to progress to employment. If you have a work placement and can gain work-based evidence you may be able to undertake an NVQ 2.
If you are aged 16-18 as of 31 August on the year of enrolment – no course fee. If you are over 19 as of 31 August and enrolling on a full-time programme of study a tuition fee will be applicable in most cases. There are Bursary funds, financial support arrangements for 16-18 year olds and hardship funds available for the over 19s. Please contact our Information Centre for details of costs and concessions on 01305 208808 or email email@example.com.