Site Carpentry Diploma (L2)
Site Carpentry Level 2 Diploma
This qualification is for those who work or want to work as a Site Carpenter in the construction sector. It allows you to learn, develop and practice the skills required for employment and/or career progression in site carpentry and covers the following skills: Carry out first fix flooring and roofing, carry out first fix frames, partitions and stairs, carry out second fixing operations, carry out carpentry maintenance and set up and operate a circular saw.
Applications from mature students are welcome. Selection for the Part time course is by interview. Potential students must have successfully achieved the Level 1 Diploma in Carpentry and Joinery or equivalent and be able to demonstrate an interest and commitment to study. You may be asked to provide 2 references.
Learners must achieve the seven mandatory units:
- Health, safety and welfare in construction (Usually achieved at level 1)
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Carry out first fix flooring and roofing
- Carry out first fix frames, partitions and stairs
- Carry out second fixing operations
- Carry out carpentry maintenance
- Set up and operate a circular saw
How will I be assessed?
Learners will be assessed using all of the following methods:
- Coursework with knowledge assignments
- City & Guilds e-volve online multiple choice test
- Multiple choice question papers, covering knowledge outcomes
- Practical assignments, covering performance outcomes
You can progress your learning with Weymouth College from Level 1 through to Level 3.
On successful completion of this course you may be eligible to progress to a Level 3 Diploma in Site Carpentry (Part time only). If you have a work placement and can gain work based evidence you may be able to undertake an NVQ 2.
Materials Essential: PPE Protection, Safety Boots or Sturdy Shoes. Stationery:A4 Ring Binder, A4 Lined Paper, Pens & Pencils Materials Desirable: Tape Measure Drawing Instruments Text Books: It is recommended that you purchase 2 text books at approximately £30.00 each – Carpentry & Joinery Level 2 NVQ & Technical Certificate by Heinemann
If you are aged 16-18 as of 31 August on the year of enrolment – no course fee. • If you are over 19 as of 31 August and enrolling on a full-time program of study a tuition fee will be applicable in most cases. There are Bursary funds, financial support arrangements for 16-18 year olds and hardship funds available for the over 19s. Please contact our Information Centre for details of costs and concessions by emailing email@example.com