Property Maintenance Operative – Level 2
September 2023 start
This apprenticeship is designed for new apprentices moving into a Property Maintenance role or existing employees looking to upskill and support a multi-skilled workforce.
The apprenticeship covers a range of miantenance tasks, working with external contractors and providing an immediate response to fault finding, whilst maximising quality and ensuring cost effectiveness.
GSCE Grade E/2 or above in English & Maths or Functional Skills Level 1 in English & Maths
• City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Property Maintenance
• Employer’s rights & responsibilities
• Personal learning and thinking skills
• English and Maths (where required)
What Will Apprentices Learn?
• Health & Safety compliance
• Working safely at heights
• Carrying out repairs to a building
• Maintaining plumbing and drainage systems
• Maintaining electrical distribution in a building
• Maintaining plant, safety systems and
• Energy, environment and sustainability practices
• Maintaining the outside of a building
• Using specialist tools and equipment to carry
Will I compete off-the-job training?
Apprentices need to:
- Complete a minimum of 6 hours a week (based on a 30+ hours a week contract) off-the job-training during the on-programme phase of their apprenticeship
How will I gain my apprenticeship?
You will undertake an End Point Assessment.
This will be a combination of portfolio building, updating maintenance records, e-portfolio
evidence,and EPA practical and theory exams.