End of Life Care
Principles of End of Life Care
Britain has an ageing population – the number of people aged over 64 is expected to grow to 15 million by 2040. This means more people will live with serious chronic illnesses and need end of life care. This course will give you the knowledge you need to perform your role as a care worker for people approaching the end of their lives. You will learn how to support and manage pain and discomfort, as well as gaining insight into the impact of dementia on end of life care. You’ll also develop the compassionate skills needed for supporting family and friends with the loss and grief process.
You will study the following units:
• Understand how to work in end of life care
• Care planning in end of life care
• Understand how to provide support to manage pain and discomfort
• End of life care and dementia
• Understanding the role of the care worker in time of death
• Understand loss and grief in end of life care
This is a distance learning course. Upon successful enrolment, you will be provided with access to all your online learning resources to complete the course and will also be allocated an assessor who will provide you with 1:1 online support.
Eligibility for FREE* level 2 Distance Learning Courses
- Be resident in England
- Must have lived in the UK or EAA for the last three years
- Must be aged 19 years or over as at the start of the academic year (31st August)
- Have a full level 2 qualification (if aged 19-23)
*This course is free to complete if you meet the eligibility criteria, however a withdraw fee of £100 applies in the following circumstances:
- Learner requests to withdraw
- Learner does not commence their course
- Learner does not complete their course by their allocated end date
There is a two-week grace period where learners are able to withdraw from their course free of charge. This starts from the date of your welcome email containing login details and access information for the learning portal. You will be provided with further details on the withdraw process at sign up.