Safeguarding and Prevent
Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent
The purpose of this qualification is to support anyone who is responsible for the safeguarding of people and for helping prevent radicalisation. This course gives learners an understanding of recognising the signs of abuse, how to reduce the risk of radicalisation and the potential consequences of illegal online activity.
You will study the following units:
- The Prevent Duty
- The terms radicalisation, extremism and terrorism
- How to reduce the risk of radicalisation
- The term safeguarding
- The national and local context of safeguarding and protection from abuse
- How to recognise signs of abuse or potential harm
- How to respond if abuse or harm is disclosed, suspected or alleged
- The potential consequences of inappropriate or illegal online activity
- How to reduce the risks posed online
- The potential signs and behavioural changes that could cause concern
This is a distance learning course. Upon successful enrolment, you will be provided with access to all your online learning resources to complete the course and will also be allocated an assessor who will provide you with 1:1 online support.
- This course is fully funded for those who are 19+ and a UK/EU resident.
- You will achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification.
- Course Length: Up to 3 months