Understanding Retail Operations
It is important that retail support staff are fully trained and equipped to represent your business and to meet the needs of your customers. This course will enable you to develop understanding of the different aspects of the retail industry, how to provide good customer service and how to deal with queries and complaints.
You will study the following units:
- Customer service in the retail sector
- The selling process
- How to individuals and teams contribute to the effectiveness of a retail business
- How a retail business maintains health and safety on its premises
- Retail consumer law
- How to deal with customer queries and complaints in a retail environment
- The handling of customer payments in a retail business
- The control, receipt and storage of stock in a retail business
This is a distance learning course. Upon successful enrolment, you will be provided with access to all your online learning resources to complete the course and will also be allocated an assessor who will provide you with 1:1 online support.
Eligibility for FREE* level 2 Distance Learning Courses
- Be resident in England
- Must have lived in the UK or EAA for the last three years
- Must be aged 19 years or over as at the start of the academic year (31st August)
- Have a full level 2 qualification (if aged 19-23)
*This course is free to complete if you meet the eligibility criteria, however a withdraw fee of £100 applies in the following circumstances:
- Learner requests to withdraw
- Learner does not commence their course
- Learner does not complete their course by their allocated end date
There is a two-week grace period where learners are able to withdraw from their course free of charge. This starts from the date of your welcome email containing login details and access information for the learning portal. You will be provided with further details on the withdraw process at sign up.