Data Protection And Data Security
Understanding Data Protection And Data Security
Data protection compliance is an essential legal requirement for all organisations. Making sure that your employees are acting compliantly and handling data correctly is essential in any sector. Since the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force in May 2018, it is more vital than ever that anyone who works with personal data understands the laws and acts in compliance.
You will study the following units:
- Current data protection legislation, and how it is applied
- Organisational procedures concerning data
- Possible threats to ICT systems and data, and how to protect against them
Consequences of not protecting data, and the impact of possible breaches
This is a distance learning course. Upon successful enrolment, you will be provided with access to all your online learning resources to complete the course and will also be allocated an assessor who will provide you with 1:1 online support.
Eligibility for FREE* level 2 Distance Learning Courses
- Be resident in England
- Must have lived in the UK or EAA for the last three years
- Must be aged 19 years or over as at the start of the academic year (31st August)
- Have a full level 2 qualification (if aged 19-23)
*This course is free to complete if you meet the eligibility criteria, however a withdraw fee of £100 applies in the following circumstances:
- Learner requests to withdraw
- Learner does not commence their course
- Learner does not complete their course by their allocated end date
There is a two-week grace period where learners are able to withdraw from their course free of charge. This starts from the date of your welcome email containing login details and access information for the learning portal. You will be provided with further details on the withdraw process at sign up.