How to have a clear understanding of the misconceptions, diagnoses and support surrounding autism. These are just some of the essential skills needed when working with those who have mental health issues. This course will enable you to learn how individuals with autism process sensory information, learn the common misconceptions surrounding autism and how speech, language and communication may differ in people with autism.
You will study the following units:
- Introduction to autism
- Use a person-centred approach to support individuals with autism
- Communicate and socially interact with individuals with autism
- Learn about sensory processing, perception and cognition in individuals with autism
- Support positive behaviour in individuals with autism
- Support individuals with autism to live healthy and fulfilled lives
This is a distance learning course. Upon successful enrolment, you will be provided with access to all your online learning resources to complete the course and will also be allocated an assessor who will provide you with 1:1 online support.
- This course is fully funded for those who are 19+ and a UK/EU resident.
- You will achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification.
- Course Length: Up to 3 months