Understanding Autism – Level 2
How to have a clear understanding of the misconceptions, diagnoses and support surrounding autism. These are just some of the essential skills needed when working with those who have mental health issues. This course will enable you to learn how individuals with autism process sensory information, learn the common misconceptions surrounding autism and how speech, language and communication may differ in people with autism.
You will study the following units:
- Introduction to autism
- Use a person-centred approach to support individuals with autism
- Communicate and socially interact with individuals with autism
- Learn about sensory processing, perception and cognition in individuals with autism
- Support positive behaviour in individuals with autism
- Support individuals with autism to live healthy and fulfilled lives
This is a distance learning course. Upon successful enrolment, you will be provided with access to all your online learning resources to complete the course and will also be allocated an assessor who will provide you with 1:1 online support.
Eligibility for FREE* level 2 Distance Learning Courses
- Be resident in England
- Must have lived in the UK or EAA for the last three years
- Must be aged 19 years or over as at the start of the academic year (31st August)
- Have a full level 2 qualification (if aged 19-23)
*This course is free to complete if you meet the eligibility criteria, however a withdraw fee of £100 applies in the following circumstances:
- Learner requests to withdraw
- Learner does not commence their course
- Learner does not complete their course by their allocated end date
There is a two-week grace period where learners are able to withdraw from their course free of charge. This starts from the date of your welcome email containing login details and access information for the learning portal. You will be provided with further details on the withdraw process at sign up.