Many people find it helpful to seek the support of counselling at some point in their lives. People in any situation could benefit from counselling, those with the correct understanding, knowledge and skills can provide them with support to improve personal well-being. This qualification will enable to find out about how core counselling skills can be used in a counselling relationship and in other helping activities. You will learn how counselling theory underpins the use of counselling skills, cover the ethical framework and develop skills and qualities for future career and personal development.
You will study the following units:
- Using counselling skills
- Introduction to counselling skills theories
- Diversity and ethics in the use of counselling skills
- Counselling skills and personal development
This is a distance learning course. Upon successful enrolment, you will be provided with access to all your online learning resources to complete the course and will also be allocated an assessor who will provide you with 1:1 online support.
Eligibility for FREE* level 2 Distance Learning Courses
- Be resident in England
- Must have lived in the UK or EAA for the last three years
- Must be aged 19 years or over as at the start of the academic year (31st August)
- Have a full level 2 qualification (if aged 19-23)
*This course is free to complete if you meet the eligibility criteria, however a withdraw fee of £100 applies in the following circumstances:
- Learner requests to withdraw
- Learner does not commence their course
- Learner does not complete their course by their allocated end date
There is a two-week grace period where learners are able to withdraw from their course free of charge. This starts from the date of your welcome email containing login details and access information for the learning portal. You will be provided with further details on the withdraw process at sign up.