Digital: T Level (Technical Qualification) Digital Support Services
This course is a two-year programme, where students will learn the core knowledge and skills for entry to a range of digital occupations.
5 GCSEs at grade 9-4 (including English and maths), or a Level 2 Diploma with a good Merit profile, along with English and Maths GCSE at grade 4 or above (or equivalent).
This course is aimed at learners who wish to develop their knowledge and understanding about computer systems and hardware, digital infrastructure and support.
As part of the course, all students will develop a general understanding of digital, including:
- Study a core content that will develop your knowledge of concepts, theories and core skills
- Learn about digital technologies, data in software design, physical, virtual and cloud environments, technical, physical and human aspects of internet security as well as digital skills for project management and collaboration
- Study specialist content occupationally specific to digital support services, including:
- roles within the digital support services sector
- communication in digital support services
- fault analysis and problem resolution
- Undertake an industry placement with an employer to develop skills and behaviours. Your placement will
last for a minimum of 315 hours.
- Develop your English, Maths and digital skills as appropriate for the occupation
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed through external assessments, practical assignments and an employer set project.
Progression – What could I do after this course?
This qualification will support students on to a range of progression routes including employment, higher education and apprenticeships. The T Level study programme is eligible for UCAS points equivalent to three A levels. You could progress on to higher education to further your studies in one of the elements of the course.