Construction Support Technician – Level 3
Completing a Construction Support Technician apprenticeship will help you develop skills in working in a construction office or on a construction site.
GCSE Grade C/4 in Maths and English. Or Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths and English.
You will study and evidence skills in the following areas:
- Duty 1 Support the coordination of construction site-based projects alongside supervisory and technical teams on an individual site, a range of sites or in an office environment.
- Duty 2 Identify the suitability of health and safety documentation, including risk assessment and method statements, to assist in ensuring sufficient planning has been carried out for tasks to be completed safely.
- Duty 3 Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the requirements of a project are met, ensuring records of the communications are kept in line with company processes.
- Duty 4 Ensure accurate contractual records are kept in relation to the planning of construction projects.
- Duty 5 Support the production of resource lists, based on estimates, using technical drawings to identify the requirements of the project.
- Duty 6 Assist with the development of tenders relevant to the construction project, ensuring records of tenders are kept and processed within the required timescales.
- Duty 7 Support the procurement of project materials, plant and sub-contractors.
- Duty 8 Support the progress of construction projects, recommending and proposing revisions of programmes and assisting with the planning of schedules of work.
- Duty 9 Support the implementation of appropriate contract quantities and cost monitoring systems to provide early warning of problems for all contract phases on site.
- Duty 10 Use surveying information to contribute to the measurement, evaluation and review of project performance.
Will I compete off-the-job training?
Apprentices need to:
- Complete a minimum of 6 hours a week (based on a 30+ hours a week contract) off-the job-training during the on-programme phase of their apprenticeship
How will I gain my apprenticeship?
You will undertake an End Point Assessment.
This will consist of two elements with the outcomes combined to decide the overall apprenticeship grade
- Project – technical report with question and answer session
- Professional Interview – with a portfolio of evidence