Construction Site Supervisor – Level 4
Completing a Construction Site Supervisor apprenticeship will help you develop skills in supervising specialist contractors and workers on construction projects
The main duties and tasks of a Construction Site Supervisor are:
- Supervision of specialist contractors
- The control of health and safety standards on construction projects
- Recording, control and reporting of progress on a construction project
- The minimisation of the environmental impact of construction projects
- Control of quality of works on a construction project
- Assisting commercial staff with the monitoring of costs on a construction project
GCSE Grade C/4 in Maths and English. Or Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths and English.
You will study and evidence skills in the following areas:
- Health & Safety Identify risk of activities and encourage all employees to demonstrate safety conscious behaviours
- Sustainability Assess, identify and record the environmental impact of projects
- Construction Technology Assist in the implementation of the most appropriate solutions for construction projects
- Project Management Use effective management principles and be able to supervise construction workers
- Planning and Organising Work Understand overall plan for project and measure and record progress against plan
- Monitor Quality Assess and report on quality standards and assist in commissioning of finished construction projects
- Monitor Costs Understand financial and legal constraints and measure and record progress against budget
Will I compete off-the-job training?
Apprentices need to:
- Complete a minimum of 6 hours a week (based on a 30+ hours a week contract) off-the job-training during the on-programme phase of their apprenticeship
How will I gain my apprenticeship?
You will undertake an End Point Assessment.
This will consist of three elements with the outcomes combined to decide the overall apprenticeship grade
- Online Knowledge Test
- Professional Discussion