Construction Quantity Surveying Technician – Level 4
Completing a Construction Quantity Surveying Technician apprenticeship will help you develop skills in monitoring and controlling costs and contracts on construction projects.
The main duties and tasks of a Construction Quantity Surveying Technician are:
- Assisting senior managers with the budgeting of construction projects
- Control of costs during a construction project
- Selection and management of specialist contractors
- To contribute to the mitigation of disputes using accurate records
- Recording, control and reporting of income and expenditure on a construction project
- Valuation of progress on construction projects
- To assist senior managers with the legal and contractual issues on a construction project
GCSE Grade C/4 in Maths and English. Or Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths and English.
You will study and evidence skills in the following areas:
- Health & Safety Apply health and safety issues to all activities
- Sustainability Demonstrate application of the principles of sustainability
- Construction Technology Assist in the implementation of the most appropriate solutions for construction projects
- Contracts Be able to apply different types of contracts to different situations
- Procurement Assist in the selection of and negotiation with specialist contractors for a construction project
- Cost Control Assist in the measurement and costing of construction works during a project
- Financial Reporting Assist in the preparation of financial reports, cash flow and cost forecasts for a construction project
- Administration Assist in the collection, collation and storage of relevant data and its analysis
Will I compete off-the-job training?
Apprentices need to:
- Complete a minimum of 6 hours a week (based on a 30+ hours a week contract) off-the job-training during the on-programme phase of their apprenticeship
How will I gain my apprenticeship?
You will undertake an End Point Assessment.
This will consist of three elements with the outcomes combined to decide the overall apprenticeship grade
- Online Knowledge Test
- Professional Discussion