Construction Design and Build Technician – Level 4
Completing a Construction Design and Build Technician apprenticeship will help you develop skills to help with essential building tasks such as planning, designing and project management.
The main duties and tasks of a Construction Design and Build Technician are:
- Identification of client requirements in construction projects
- Identification of health and safety risks in the design of projects
- Checking of compliance with regulations on a construction project
- The minimisation of the environmental impact of construction projects
- Assisting architects with the development of detailed design on a construction project
- Co-ordinate design information on a construction project
- Monitoring of quality on a construction project
- Assisting commercial staff with the monitoring of costs on a construction project
GCSE Grade C/4 in Maths and English. Or Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths and English.
You will study and evidence skills in the following areas:
- Client Requirements Assist in the assessment and presentation of client requirements
- Health & Safety Identify risk in designs and suggest actions to reduce risk
- Sustainability Assess, identify and record the environmental impact of projects
- Construction Technology Assist in the implementation of the most appropriate solutions for construction projects whilst maintaining adherence to building regulations
- Develop Designs Prepare and present design proposals and solutions
- Design Documentation Control document production and design information
- Monitor Compliance Inspect and report on quality standards and assist in commissioning of finished construction projects
- Monitor Costs Understand financial and legal constraints and measure and record progress against budget
Will I compete off-the-job training?
Apprentices need to:
- Complete a minimum of 6 hours a week (based on a 30+ hours a week contract) off-the job-training during the on-programme phase of their apprenticeship
How will I gain my apprenticeship?
You will undertake an End Point Assessment.
This will consist of three elements with the outcomes combined to decide the overall apprenticeship grade
- Online Knowledge Test
- Professional Discussion