Principles of Cyber Security
This qualification is designed to provide learners with sector awareness. It will do this by increasing the knowledge and understanding of roles and issues relating to Cyber Security. This will also act as a stepping stone for learners who wish to study cyber security at a higher level.
You will study the following units:
- Introduction to cyber security
- Understand terminology used in cyber security
- Understand legal and ethical aspects of cyber security
- Understand common threats to cyber security
- Understand methods of maintaining cyber security
- Working with others in cyber security
This is a distance learning course. Upon successful enrolment, you will be provided with access to all your online learning resources to complete the course and will also be allocated an assessor who will provide you with 1:1 online support.
Eligibility for FREE* level 2 Distance Learning Courses
- Be resident in England
- Must have lived in the UK or EAA for the last three years
- Must be aged 19 years or over as at the start of the academic year (31st August)
- Have a full level 2 qualification (if aged 19-23)
*This course is free to complete if you meet the eligibility criteria, however a withdraw fee of £100 applies in the following circumstances:
- Learner requests to withdraw
- Learner does not commence their course
- Learner does not complete their course by their allocated end date
There is a two-week grace period where learners are able to withdraw from their course free of charge. This starts from the date of your welcome email containing login details and access information for the learning portal. You will be provided with further details on the withdraw process at sign up.