Carpentry & Joinery City & Guilds Diploma (L1)
Carpentry & Joinery Level 1 City & Guilds Diploma
This qualification is for those who work or want to work as a carpenter or joiner in the construction sector. It allows you to learn, develop and practice the skills required for employment and/or career progression in carpentry or joinery, and covers the following skills: producing basic woodworking joints, and safely using various hand and power tools.
Applications from mature students are welcome. Selection for the Part time course is by interview. Potential students must be able to demonstrate an interest and commitment to study. You will be asked to provide 2 references.
You must achieve the five mandatory units:
- Health, Safety and Welfare in Construction
- Principles of Building Construction, Information and Communication
- Maintain and Use Carpentry and Joinery Hand Tools
- Prepare and Use Carpentry and Joinery Portable Power Tools
- Produce Woodworking Joints.
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed using all of the following methods:
- Coursework with knowledge assignments
- City & Guilds e-volve online multiple-choice test
- Multiple-choice question papers, covering knowledge outcomes
- Practical assignments, covering performance outcomes.
You can progress your learning with Weymouth College from Level 1 through to Level 3. On successful completion of this course you may be eligible to progress to a Level 2 Diploma in Site Carpentry or Bench Joinery. If you have a work placement and can gain work-based evidence you may be able to undertake an NVQ 2.
If you are aged 16-18 as of 31 August on the year of enrolment – no course fee. If you are over 19 as of 31 August and enrolling on a full-time programme of study a tuition fee will be applicable in most cases. There are Bursary funds, financial support arrangements for 16-18 year olds and hardship funds available for the over 19s. Please contact our Information Centre for details of costs and concessions on 01305 208808 or email email@example.com