Brickwork C&G (L3)
Brickwork C&G Level 3 Diploma
This advanced course will enable you to continue developing the practical and theoretical knowledge required for this well-respected craft in the building industry. Topics covered include; repairing and maintaining masonry structures, carrying out structural and decorative brickwork, and erecting complex masonry structures.
It is necessary for you to have successfully completed Level 2 in Brickwork or have relevant site experience. Accredited prior learning achievements can be used after consultation. There are no age restrictions on this course. You will need an interview with the course tutor for this course.
- Know how to carry out safe working practices in construction
- Carry out safe working practices in construction
- Knowledge of information, quantities and communicating with others 3
- Information, quantities and communicating with others 3
- Knowledge of building methods and construction technology 3
- Building methods and construction technology 3
- Know how to carry out structural and decorative brickwork
- Carry out structural and decorative brickwork
- Know how to repair and maintain masonry structures
- Repair and maintain masonry structures
- Know how to erect complex masonry structures
- Erect complex masonry structures
How will I be assessed?
The assessments are flexible on-going covering the practical and knowledge elements of the course; these are undertaken throughout the year. Practical phase test and online testing. Demonstrate practical ability.
Upon successful completion of this programme you can progress on to NVQ Level 3 if you have a work placement and gain the work based evidence.
Materials Essential: Personal Protection, Safety Boots (Sturdy), Safety Glasses Stationery: A4 Ring Binder, A4 Lined, Paper, Pens & Pencils, Tape Measure & Calculator Materials Desirable: Drawing Instruments Specific textbooks and protective clothing and equipment will be recommended.
Please contact our Information Centre for details of costs and concessions on 01305 208808 or email: email@example.com Rehabilitation of offenders: To help us look after students and assess risks, you will be asked to declare any unspent criminal convictions when you apply to do a course at Weymouth College. We are committed to providing an inclusive learning environment for all. We welcome people with additional learning needs and/or disabilities and those from diverse backgrounds in all minority groups within the community, ensuring students receive fair treatment when studying at Weymouth College. Copies of the College’s Equality and Diversity policies can be found in the Library.