Brickwork C&G (L2)
Brickwork C&G Level 2 (QCF) Diploma
Combining practical activities and theory, this course introduces you to the whole building experience and develops the knowledge and skills you need to become a professional. Topics covered include; building methods and construction technology, thin joint masonry and cladding, and carrying out safe working practices.
- Selection is by interview
- 4 GCSEs at grade 4 (C) or above including English and maths or equivalent
- Completion of the Level 1 Diploma in Brickwork
The course has practical activities and some written theory. Portfolio-building consists of the following units:
- Building methods and construction technology
- Build solid walling, isolated and attached piers
- Carry out safe working practices in construction
- Cavity walling forming masonry structures – Information, quantities and communicating with others
- Interpret working drawings to set out masonry structures
- Thin joint masonry and masonry cladding
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed through practical assignments, but you will also take written theory papers throughout the course. For Level 3 you will also take end of unit synoptic tests throughout the course.
Students who completed this course have moved to NVQ Level 2 Brickwork (with work experience), Brickwork Level 3 Diploma, NVQ Level 3 Brickwork (with work experience).
The College library has an extensive lending and reference book stock. You will be advised of the text books and materials required to assist you on the course nearer to the time of study. It is essential that you wear safety boots and safety glasses in the workshop as without these no practical work can be undertaken.
- If you are aged 16-18 as of 31 August on the year of enrolment – no course fee.
- If you are over 19 as of 31 August and enrolling on a full-time programme of study a tuition fee will be applicable in most cases. Bursary funds There are financial support arrangements for 16-18 year olds and hardship funds available for the over 19s. Please contact our Information Centre for details of costs and concessions on 01305 208808 or email firstname.lastname@example.org