Bench Joinery Experienced Worker Route NVQ (L2)
Bench Joinery NVQ Level 2 Experienced Worker Route
National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) are the most widely recognised qualifications in the Construction Industry and they are the standard that all workers must achieve. These vocational qualifications form the basis of card holder schemes such as CSCS (Construction Skills Certification Scheme) card. These cards are a necessity for getting work in the Industry and being able to work on-site. This course is aimed at people employed within the Construction Industry with Site Carpentry experience and who are currently on Site and want to achieve an NVQ qualification without attending College in order to obtain a BLUE C.S.C.S. card. IF YOU DON’T HAVE THE RIGHT CARD, YOU MAY NOT BE ALLOWED TO WORK ON-SITE.
If you have been working as a Carpenter for quite some time and have a very good general knowledge in all areas of Carpentry, then you can come and discuss your route to gaining a qualification. You will require a short meeting with our Carpentry Assessor to establish your competence, suitability and put you on track to gain an NVQ qualification. WITH ALL NVQ COURSES YOU MUST BE IN RELEVANT EMPLOYMENT.
- Profiling for course suitability will take place with our Assessor.
- Complete record of employment plus supporting evidence such as relevant qualifications.
- Completion of a Work Based Portfolio (E-Portfolio), including relevant unit question papers relating to your trade and experience.
- All evidence must be validated by a qualified/authorised person (Work Based Recorder)
- Pass a CSCS Health & Safety Test in order to obtain your CSCS Card
- Audible record of professional discussion
How will I be assessed?
Practical Assessment and Professional discussion. Assessment and verification of competence will be carried out through a candidate evidence portfolio.
On successful completion of this NVQ you can progress onto NVQ Level 3 in Bench Joinery.