Bench Joinery C&G (L2)
Bench Joinery City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma
This course is for those who work or want to work as a Bench Joiner in the construction sector. It allows you to learn, develop and practice the skills required for employment and/or career progression in Bench Joinery and covers the following skills: Set up and operate a circular saw, produce setting out details for bench joinery products, mark out from setting out details for bench joinery products and manufacture bench joinery products.
- Selection for the full time course is by interview. You should have successfully achieved the Level 1 Diploma in Carpentry and Joinery or equivalent.
You must achieve the six mandatory units:
- Health, safety and welfare in construction (Usually achieved at level 1)
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Set up and operate a circular saw
- Produce setting out details for bench joinery products
- Mark out from setting out details for bench joinery products
- Manufacture bench joinery products
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed using all of the following methods:
- coursework with knowledge assignments
- City & Guilds e-volve online multiple-choice test
- multiple-choice question papers, covering knowledge outcomes
- practical assignments, covering performance outcomes
You can progress your learning with Weymouth College from Level 1 through to Level 3. On successful completion of this course you may be eligible to progress to a Level 3 Diploma in Bench Joinery (Part time only). If you have a work placement and can gain work based evidence you may be able to undertake an NVQ 2.
The College library has an extensive lending and reference book stock. You will be advised of the text books, materials and equipment required to assist you on the course nearer to the time of study. It is essential that you wear safety boots in the workshop as without these no practical work can be undertaken.
If you are aged 16–18 as of 31 August on the year of enrolment – no course fee. If you are over 19 as of 31 August and enrolling on a full-time programme of study a tuition fee will be applicable in most cases. Bursary funds – There are financial support arrangements for 16-18 year olds and hardship funds available for the over 19s. Please contact reception for details of costs and concessions on 01305 761100 or email email@example.com