Award in Education & Training (L3)
Award in Education & Training
The course is a knowledge-based introduction to teaching and/or training, so is aimed at those who have no prior experience of teaching. You will gain a fundamental understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a teacher/trainer in relation to legislation, equality, diversity, inclusivity and meeting the needs of learners. You will be able to sequence learning, plan and deliver sessions, using appropriate resources and teaching methods. You will also be able to identify the characteristics of effective assessment and feedback.
There are no formal entry requirements.
During the course there is an expectation of the following:
- you will have an initial assessment of literacy and numeracy
- there will be 60 guided learning hours – 30 classroom based, 30 hours self-study and Tutorial support will be provided.
The course will cover the following core areas, amongst others:
- review appropriate teaching and learning approaches in the specialist area
- demonstrate session planning skills
- discuss the delivery of inclusive sessions which motivate learners
- understand roles, responsibilities & boundaries associated with teaching in FE.
Work will be produced across three units which cover the subject areas listed above:
- Unit 301 Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Unit 302 Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training
- Unit 305 Understanding assessment in education and training.
How will I be assessed?
There is a minimum requirement for trainee teachers to engage in observed and assessed Micro-teaching for the following unit: Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training (Level 3). For this unit, trainee teachers must be involved in at least one hour of micro-teaching. Each trainee teacher must deliver at least one 15-minute micro-teaching session that is observed and assessed by a member of the delivery team. For the additional 45 minutes, trainee teachers can either deliver additional micro-teaching sessions or observe the micro-teaching sessions of other trainee teachers. The remainder of units will be assessed by Assignments and will in assessed internally by a member of Weymouth College delivery team.
£500. All fees quoted are for British/ EEA Citizens with settled status who have been resident in an EEA country for the last 3 years or have exceptional circumstances or exceptional leave to remain. If you are in any doubt as to your status please ask for advice on enrolment.