Advanced Professional Cookery (Kitchen and Larder) Diploma (L3)
Advanced Professional Cookery (Kitchen and Larder) Level 3 Diploma
This course is for those who want to progress their culinary skills to a higher professional level and builds on the knowledge already gained at level 2 Professional Cookery. You will develop advanced practical, theoretical and food service skills whilst working in The Avenue restaurant and kitchen. The qualification will enable you to gain the necessary knowledge and understanding to confidently enter the diverse and challenging industry of catering and hospitality.
Candidates must have a L2 Diploma in professional cookery or equivalent. Selection will be based on interview and successful completion of a trade test . All students must have a good punctuality, a good attendance level, positive attitude to vocational area and if required continue to work towards English and Maths at Grade 4.
This programme includes:
- Compulsory units include:
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues
- Maintain food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
- Maintain health, hygiene, safety and security of the working environment
- Practical Gastronomy
- Advanced skills and techniques in producing vegetable and vegetarian dishes
- Advanced skills and techniques in producing meat dishes
- Advanced skills and techniques in producing poultry and game dishes
- Advanced skills and techniques in producing fish and shellfish dishes
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed for competency in each unit though the completion of assignments and practical tasks.
This course will provide you with the necessary skills to work within the industry.
If you are aged 16-18 as of 31 August on the year of enrolment no course fee. If you are over 19 as of 31 August and enrolling on a full-time programme of study a tuition fee will be applicable in most cases. Bursary funds There are financial support arrangements for 16-18 year olds and hardship funds available for the over 19s. Please contact reception for details of costs and concessions on 01305 761100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org