Arrangements for obtaining the views of staff and students
The Instruments and Articles of Government of the College require the publication of arrangements for consulting with students and staff at the College on the determination and periodic review of the educational character and mission of the College and the oversight of its activities.
The Learner Voice is at the heart of the College’s decision making and quality assurance processes.
Learners/students are consulted via the following means:
- Learner/student focus groups
- Student surveys carried out by the College
- National Student Survey and Ofsted Surveys (held during Inspection)
- Course representative feedback
- Student Council
The College also engages with its HE students through the feedback received as part of the National Student Survey.
Feedback from students/learners feeds into the College quality assurance and review processes, including the Self-Assessment Report and the Quality Improvement Plan.
The College seeks to engage with staff through the following opportunities:
- Staff surveys
- Staff Forum
- Joint Consultation Committees
- Principal’s Question Time
- Staff Briefings by the Senior Leadership Team
- Direct CEO link on the intranet
- College Committees and Focus Groups
- Staff and Student Governors
One member of staff and two student governors are elected to the Board of Governors and play a full part in the business of the Board. In addition to its responsibility to review the educational character, mission, values and strategic priorities the Board also monitors all aspects of the College’s provision, its financial performance and its outcomes for learners.
The College engages with employers by arranging focus groups, developing curriculum links undertaking an annual employer survey.