Welcome to Weymouth College
Weymouth College is an ambitious college heading for outstanding. We are proud to be high performing yet inclusive and accessible in our approach. We challenge and inspire enquiring minds with academic and skills-based courses and produce some remarkable results. We’re home to the best stone masonry courses in the UK and our alumni include an Oscar winner and a celebrity chef. We attract over 7000 students from across the region and have the privilege to be located on Dorset’s spectacular Jurassic Coast, which is England’s first natural heritage site, and the venue for sailing events at the 2012 Olympics.
The Careers Fair forms part of Careers College – an annual event where students in Year 9 and Year 10 from schools across Dorset complete a programme of workshops which provide information and hands-on experience relating to occupational areas of particular interest to them.
The aim of the Careers Fair is to provide students with an opportunity to talk to employers, education / training providers and advice agencies to help them make more informed decisions about their options for the future.
Format of the day:
- Exhibitors register at Weymouth College main reception (Fleet building) from10.00, collect a car park pass, and set up in this building
- Students visit the Careers Fair between 11.15 and 30
- Between 12.30 and 14.15 exhibitors are encouraged to drop into workshops in their area of expertise and talk to students (we will provide student guides)
- Careers College closes at 14.15
- Tea and coffee will be available throughout the event
- A buffet meal will be provided from 12.30
- We will provide chairs and tables. The area is wireless enabled, but regret we have a very limited number of power points