Weymouth College is an ideal choice for international students. We are a further education and higher education college with over 3,000 full and part-time students, located on the beautiful south west coast of England. We are proud to be one of the world-leaders in Stonemasonry and our Sport department is judged to be Outstanding and one of the best in the country.
Every year we welcome international students from around the world who benefit from our high quality education and training. They study with us whilst taking advantage of the outstanding sailing and watersport facilities and instruction available here on one of the world’s most stunning coastlines.
Whatever your reason, you’ll be glad you chose Weymouth.
Our safe, self-contained campus is ideal for international students and we have invested in our facilities to ensure that students have an inspiring learning environment.
For full details of all our international study programmes please contact our International Student Coordinator Liz Evans on Liz_Evans@weymouth.ac.uk
An update on the new Student Route application process
- From 5 October 2020, the Student route will replace the Tier 4 route.
- The Student route, which falls under the UK’s new points-based immigration system, improves on the previous Tier 4 route making for a more streamlined experience for both sponsoring institutions and students.
- Visas that have been issued through the Tier 4 route are still valid and those eligible will still be able to apply for the Graduate Route when it opens in summer 2021.
- The Graduate Route will be available to international students who have completed a degree at undergraduate level or above at a Higher Education Provider with a track record of compliance and who have a valid Student (or Tier 4) visa at the time of application.
- More information about the UK’s new points-based immigration system can be found here. Further guidance for EU, EEA and Swiss students, who from 1 January will need to comply with the new system can be found here.
EU, EEA and Swiss citizens resident in the UK before 31 December should apply to the EU settlement scheme.