The Care and Management of Diabetes
Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes
Diabetes is a growing health problem worldwide, but it can be prevented, delayed or managed with simple lifestyle changes. Whether you work in the care sector or just want to look out for your own health or the health of someone you know, this online course will provide you with essential knowledge. You’ll learn about the different forms and causes of diabetes, as well as the care, treatment and management of the condition.
You will study the following units:
- Understand diabetes
- Prevention and early intervention of Type 2 diabetes
- Understand the initial care of diabetes
- Understand the treatment and management of diabetes.
This is a distance learning course. Upon successful enrolment, you will be provided with access to all your online learning resources to complete the course and will also be allocated an assessor who will provide you with 1:1 online support.
Eligibility for FREE* level 2 Distance Learning Courses
- Be resident in England
- Must have lived in the UK or EAA for the last three years
- Must be aged 19 years or over as at the start of the academic year (31st August)
- Have a full level 2 qualification (if aged 19-23)
*This course is free to complete if you meet the eligibility criteria, however a withdraw fee of £100 applies in the following circumstances:
- Learner requests to withdraw
- Learner does not commence their course
- Learner does not complete their course by their allocated end date
There is a two-week grace period where learners are able to withdraw from their course free of charge. This starts from the date of your welcome email containing login details and access information for the learning portal. You will be provided with further details on the withdraw process at sign up.