Understanding Autism – Level 3
Level 3 Course in Understanding Autism
More than 1 in every 100 people in the UK have an autism diagnosis. The Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Autism is designed for learners who want to increase their knowledge and understanding of the condition, and the challenges and strengths that autistic people may experience. You will learn about characteristics, diagnosis and how understanding and different theories surrounding autism have developed over time. Within this qualification, the term ‘autism’ is used as an umbrella term for all autistic spectrum conditions, including Asperger syndrome.
All courses are available to study online, with our staff and assessors on hand to support you throughout your qualification. Each course varies in duration between 8 and 12 weeks of study.
- Autism in context
- Positive behavioural support for autistic individuals
- Support and management of transitions for autistic individuals
- Therapeutic interventions and support available for autistic individuals and co-occurring conditions
- Safeguarding and resilience in autism
This is a distance learning course. Upon successful enrolment, you will be provided with access to all your online learning resources to complete the course and will also be allocated an assessor who will provide you with 1:1 online support.
Course Length: Up to 3 months
This course is fully funded for those who are:
- 19+ and a UK/EU resident
- Is employed or self-employed – evidence of wage slip dated in last 3 months required.
- Is unemployed and is in receipt of a State Benefit – evidence of benefit dated in last 3 months required
- Learners must not already hold a full Level 3 qualification (e.g. four AS Levels or two A Levels or equivalent).
- Learners must not be completing any other funded courses such as an Apprenticeship or any other Distance Learning course.
Eligible Learners can only complete one Level 3 qualification for free.
Learners who already hold a full Level 3 qualification and wish to complete this course can do so for a fee of £811 or apply for an Advanced Learner Loan.