The Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings
Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings
About 300,000 patients develop an infection in England each year while being treated by the NHS. Protecting people from infection is a really important part of providing high-quality care, especially as some life-threatening infections can spread easily within care environments. In this course, you will gain the skills you need to tackle the risk of infection in your workplace. The course covers procedures and regulations surrounding infection control, as well as the importance of maintaining a clean environment.
You will study the following units:
- Principles of the causes and spread of infection in health care settings
- Principles of the importance of personal hygiene and health in the prevention and control of infection in health care settings
- Principles of decontamination, cleaning and waste management in health care settings
- Principles of infection prevention and control in a health care settings
This is a distance learning course. Upon successful enrolment, you will be provided with access to all your online learning resources to complete the course and will also be allocated an assessor who will provide you with 1:1 online support.
- This course is fully funded for those who are 19+ and a UK/EU resident.
- You will achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification.
- Course Length: Up to 3 months