Skip to main content

In Short – What are T Levels?

T Levels are courses for 16 to 18 year olds that are studied at the same level as doing A Levels. They are for young people who prefer a more technical education when they come to College, rather than following a purely academic pathway, or a work-based apprenticeship.

T Levels provide a mixture of:

  • Technical knowledge and practical skills specific to the student’s chosen industry or occupation.
  • An industry placement of at least 45 days in their chosen industry or occupation. Watch this short Government video to hear why students find completing industry placements so beneficial.
  • Relevant Maths, English and digital skills.
  • Common workplace skills.

Students who achieve a T Level will get a nationally recognised certificate which employers will use as evidence in their recruitment.

T Levels consist of around 80% of time spent in the classroom with the remaining 20% spent being on a valuable work placement in a relevant workplace, providing ‘on-the-job’ experience.

For September 2023 we will be offering T Level qualifications in Education and Childcare and Health and Social Care – click on the links below to view the course pages and to apply early!

Education and Childcare: T Level (Technical Qualification) (2 Years FT)

Health and Science: T Level (Technical Qualification) Supporting The Adult Nursing Team (2 Years FT)

Artboard 7Artboard 6emailArtboard 9Artboard 9Artboard 11Artboard 17Artboard 10Artboard 16Artboard 18