Mental Health First Aid Course (2 days)
Wednesday 23rd June & Thursday 24th June – 9am to 5pm
Cost – £300
Delivered through the Dorset Training Academy, this 2 day course is designed to teach people how to identify, understand and help someone who may be experiencing a mental health issue.
This course is validated by Mental Health First Aid England, which is the only awarding body who can provide licenced Mental Health First Aid training in England.
The two-day course is split into 4 sections and successful completion will qualify you as a Mental Health First Aider. The course includes the following:
- In-depth understanding of mental health and factors that affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the signs and triggers of mental health issues
- Confidence to reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills
- Knowledge to help a person recover their health by guiding them to further support
The course is delivered through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop style activities, with the whole course built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan.
The course is delivered at the Cranford Avenue College site. Free parking is available and refreshments and lunch for each day will be provided. Training can be delivered on site to meet business needs, please contact us to discuss a pre-course assessment of your premises.
A maximum of 16 students are allowed on all training sessions and there is no exam at the end of the course. Each student will be awarded with a certificate of attendance, a manual and workbook.