Giving a placement to an apprentice can deliver real returns to your bottom line leading to lower overall training and recruitment costs, help improve productivity and in turn make your business more competitive.
By training your own apprentice you can train them to your standards and the effort you put into their training programme is personally very rewarding.
An Apprenticeship programme delivers the required skills designed around your business requirements and provides the trained workers you need for the future. They also help you develop the specialist skills you need to keep pace with the latest technology and working practices in your sector.
Apprentices tend to be eager, motivated, flexible and loyal to the company that invested in them. Remember, an apprentice is with you because they want to be – they have made an active choice to learn on the job and a commitment to a specific career.
- 80% of those employers who employ apprentices agree they make their workplace more productive
- 81% of consumers favour using a company which takes on apprentices
- The National Minimum Wage for apprentices is £3.30, many employers prefer to pay more however, and research shows that the average salary is approx. £170 per week
- Employers who take on a 16-18 year old apprentice only pay their salary. The Government will fund their training
- There are over 85,000 employers offering Apprenticeships in more than 130,000 locations; there are more than 200 different types of Apprenticeships available offering over 1,200 job roles
- 88% of employers who employ apprentices believe that Apprenticeships lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce
- 83% of employers who employ apprentices rely on their Apprenticeships programme to provide the skilled workers that they need for the future
- One in five employers are hiring more apprentices to help them through the tough economic climate.
How do I take on an apprentice?
If you would like to discuss taking on an apprentice or would like some more information then please contact the Apprenticeships Team on 01305 208871, email email@example.com
Helpful sites and tools
On this site you will be able to find tools such as:
Return on Investment Calculator which helps to calculate the possible return you can gain by investing in Apprenticeships.
Roll of Honour if you decide to take on an apprentice you can choose to have your business showcased on the Roll of Honour.