Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care
Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care
Modern medicines are powerful substances which have beneficial effects for millions of people worldwide. However, inappropriate use or handling of these substances can have severe, or even fatal, consequences. Up-to-date knowledge of the safe handling of medicines is essential for anyone working with medication. This course is a great introduction to the different types of medicines and how to record, store and handle them appropriately.
You will study the following units:
• Understand medication and prescriptions
• Supply, storage and disposal of medication
• Understand the requirements for the safe administration of medication
• Record-keeping and audit processes for medication
This is a distance learning course. Upon successful enrolment, you will be provided with access to all your online learning resources to complete the course and will also be allocated an assessor who will provide you with 1:1 online support.
Eligibility for FREE* level 2 Distance Learning Courses
- Be resident in England
- Must have lived in the UK or EAA for the last three years
- Must be aged 19 years or over as at the start of the academic year (31st August)
- Have a full level 2 qualification (if aged 19-23)
*This course is free to complete if you meet the eligibility criteria, however a withdraw fee of £100 applies in the following circumstances:
- Learner requests to withdraw
- Learner does not commence their course
- Learner does not complete their course by their allocated end date
There is a two-week grace period where learners are able to withdraw from their course free of charge. This starts from the date of your welcome email containing login details and access information for the learning portal. You will be provided with further details on the withdraw process at sign up.