Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care
Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care
Modern medicines are powerful substances which have beneficial effects for millions of people worldwide. However, inappropriate use or handling of these substances can have severe, or even fatal, consequences. Up-to-date knowledge of the safe handling of medicines is essential for anyone working with medication. This course is a great introduction to the different types of medicines and how to record, store and handle them appropriately.
You will study the following units:
• Understand medication and prescriptions
• Supply, storage and disposal of medication
• Understand the requirements for the safe administration of medication
• Record-keeping and audit processes for medication
This is a distance learning course. Upon successful enrolment, you will be provided with access to all your online learning resources to complete the course and will also be allocated an assessor who will provide you with 1:1 online support.
- This course is fully funded for those who are 19+ and a UK/EU resident.
- You will achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification.
- Course Length: Up to 3 months