Diploma in Stonemasonry (L1)
This qualification is for candidates who would like to work in the stonemasonry industry.
- Selection is by interview
- 4 GCSEs at grade 3 (D) or above including English and maths or equivalent or completion of Entry Level 3 Diploma in Construction Multi Skills
- You must demonstrate an interest and commitment to study.
It allows candidates to learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment and/or career progression in stonemasonry. In addition to covering the principles of construction, stonemasonry and health and safety, it covers the following skills:
* setting out and templet making
* working stonemasonry components
* fixing stonemasonry components.
It allows candidates to progress into employment or to the following City & Guilds qualification:
* Level 2 Diploma in Stonemasonry.
- If you are aged 16-18 as of 31 August on the year of enrolment – no course fee.
- If you are over 19 as of 31 August and enrolling on a full-time programme of study a tuition fee will be applicable in most cases. Bursary funds There are financial support arrangements for 16-18 year olds and hardship funds available for the over 19s. Please contact our Information Centre for details of costs and concessions on 01305 208808 or email firstname.lastname@example.org